Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reusable Cotton Balls

Reusable cotton balls - Pietra'sNow I'm going to have to try these!!  We don't use many cotton balls in our house, so having a big bag of fluffy balls floating all over the floor is enough to drive me nuts!  The idea of nice, neatly contained re-usable (and thereby earth- and pocketbook-friendly) cotton swabs is a perfect idea for me.

I saw these on My Happy Crazy Life and thought that this would definitively be something I could do.

If you don't want to make them, Amazon sells a brand called Better for Grownups Organic Cotton Rounds.

*** UPDATE  ***

I don't know why I haven't tried these earlier!  They are the perfect size for washing your face, removing nail polish, etc.  I was able to make 12 in 45 minutes using flannel material I already had.  Each square was cut into a 4 in x 4in piece.  Wrong sides sewn together with 1/4 in. seam; turned and top stitched.  Since they were so easy to make, I have them in glass tumblers in both bathrooms.